If you are a bangus (milkfish) lover, then this recipe is for you. Just like any other sisig recipe, this will make your mouth water. It’s even very easy to prepare, it won’t stress you much in the kitchen. It’s time for you to learn this recipe today.
Here’s how to cook Bangus Sisig:
2 pcs small sized Bangus (milkfish) (boneless)
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
2 tsp. Soy Sauce
1 medium sized Red Onion (chopped)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 stalk Green Onions
1/4thumb sized Ginger (strips)
2 Fresh Chilies (green and red, chopped)
2 tbsp. Mayonnaise
2 tbsp. Fresh Calamansi Extract/Juice
1 tsp. Butter
1. Season bangus with garlic powder, salt, pepper and 1 tsp. soy sauce. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
2. Heat a small amount of canola oil to a pan. Fry the bangus on both sides until brown. Set aside and shred the meat.
3. On a separate pan, heat some oil. Sauté onions, garlic and ginger. Add in the shredded the bangus.
4. Pour in the remaining soy sauce and calamansi extract. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add in the mayonnaise. Then add in the fresh chilies and green onions.
6. Meanwhile, heat the sizzling hot plate. Put some butter and pour in the sisig. And immediately add in the raw egg. The heat is enough to cook the egg. Top with calamansi and chilies before serving.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I’ve once tasted bangus when I went and dine in one of the seafood restaurants in the city. And I decided to learn how to cook it at home. And I found this sizzling plate being sold at SM homestore, so I got one for myself. That’s why I’m sharing this recipe with you today. Some even add chicken liver to this recipe. You can also add more chilies to make it spicy. It’s all up to you.
If you have any question, drop a comment below or send me an email.
You may also check some other Bangus Recipes here: