Squid curry. Sounds very unique right? If you’re a seafood lover and you love curry at the same time, here’s a good combination of both.
This is probably one of the recipes where you have to use several spices to make it even more delicious. Adding the coconut milk to make it creammy and tasty. You can also use other veggies, like for this one is cauliflower.
Check out how to cook Squid Curry here:
1 head of cauliflower
1 cup of coconut milk
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 medium sized onion (chopped)
3 tbsp curry powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
a pinch of paprika powder
1 tsp ginger (thinly sliced)
1. Sauté garlic and onion.
2. Add in the squid and cook it for about 2 minutes.
3. Remove squid from the pan and set aside.
4. In the pan, pour in curry powder and mix well.
5. Add in coconut milk, season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Add in turmeric and paprika. Give it a stir.
7. Add in chili powder and dried chili flakes and ginger.
8. Pour back in sautéd squid.
9. Join in the cauliflower. Simmer for another 2 minutes.
10. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Serve and Enjoy!
Note from Delish:
When cooking recipes with squid, you have to know that overcooking the squid will make it tough (makunat). That’s why I have to take it out of the pan after sautéing. I also used frozen squid since it’s the easiest one to get from the supermarket and you don’t have to clean them yourself. But you can always use the fresh ones.
This recipe is “not the usual” curry recipe. I used cauliflower to make it even healthier. You can also add other veggies if you’d like to like potatoes or carrots and some beans.
If you have further inquiries and suggestions. Don’t hesitate to drop me a message.