You want to try something different for your favorite squid? Try this delicious squid steak and you can bring the squid to the next level. You can surprise your family with this squid steak recipe.
Here’s how to cook Squid Steak:
500g Squid (head and guts removed)
1/2 cup Calamansi Juice
2 tbsp. Soy Sauce
1 tbsp. Brown Sugar
4 cloves Garlic (crushed)
Half thumb sized Ginger (thin slices)
1 big White Onion (rings)
1. Prep the squid. Remove the head, guts and fins. Cut the tip and remove the skin. Using the scissors, cut the squid lengthwise, forming one sheet of squid meat. Depending on the size, cut it into two and put vertical and horizontal slits. (see video on how to do it). Wash and set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix in the calamansi juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add in the squid sheets and marinate for about one hour or even overnight.
4. Heat the pan. And put the marinated squid in and cook for about 5 minutes on both sides. Remove from pan. Set aside.
5. On the same pan, add in half of the onion rings. Toss for about 3 minutes.
6. Pour in the marinade and cook for about 5 minutes. Put back in the squid. Cook for another 3 minutes. Add the remaining half of the onions, let it cook for 3 minutes more.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I realized I can make the squid version of bistek. And the first time I did it, I just fell in love with it. So I am sharing this recipe with you. Make sure that you don’t overcook the squid or you’ll have a gummy squid.
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Other Seafood recipes to try:
Watch how to cook Squid Steak here: