Since I know not all of you have access to an oven or a cupcake maker, here’s a steamed version of your favorite banana muffin with chocolate chips. It doesn’t really require a lot of process, very simple yet it’s absolutely delicious.
Here’s how to cook Steamed Banana Muffin with Chocolate Chips:
3 Ripe Bananas (Lakatan)
2 cups All-purpose Flour
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Cup Evaporated Milk
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tbsp. Baking Powder
3/4 cups Chocolate Chips
Pinch of Salt
1. In a bowl, mash 3 ripe bananas.
2. Add in the egg, vegetable oil, evaporated milk and vanilla. Mix everything in.
3. Add in the all-purpose flour, mix and fold. Then add in the baking powder and the brown sugar. Mix thoroughly.
4. Then lastly add the chocolate chips (leave some for toppings). Mix and fold.
5. Scoop the batter on each muffin cup covered with muffin paper cups.
6. Boil water in a steamer. Then steam the muffin for about 8 minutes. Or you can use a toothpick to test. Stick the toothpick and if it comes out clean. It’s good.
Ready and Enjoy!
Note from Delish:
Received messages asking me if the banana muffin recipe I made using a cupcake maker can be done by steaming. So here’s the steamed version of it. I hope you enjoy!
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email. Or you can directly message us on our Facebook Page.
Other Snacks Recipe to try:
Watch how to make Steamed Banana Muffin with Chocolate Chips: