Bangus is Philippines national fish. And grilled bangus is one of the most popular and favorite food of Filipinos. As It is very easy to prepare and it doesn’t require too much process and ingredients. This is a perfect recipe option if you are planning to go to the beach with your loved ones.In order to make this recipe delicious and even more tasty, adding some spices would be great.
Here’s how to cook stuffed grilled bangus:
2 pcs large sized bangus (milkfish) (cleaned, leave scales, slit to open on one side)
4 pcs tomatoes
2 medium sized onions
ginger (thins slices)
1 stalk green onions (finely chopped)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp paprika powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp olive oil
thread or foil
1. Prepare the fish. Cleaned and slit on one side to open. Make sure to leave the scales on.
2. In a large bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, olive oil and green onions.
3. In a large plate, flat the fish. Brush some butter.
4. Then brush the mixture of spices from the bowl.
5. Arrange the slices of ginger, tomatoes and onions. Top with lemon slices.
6. Use a thread to seal in everything. Or you can also wrap the fish in a foil.
7. Grill until cooked.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
Since I was a kid, my mother would always prepare this dish for me. And yes, bangus is one of my favorite fish, especially the belly part.
Thus, I decided to feature this recipe. I just added some other spices like paprika and chili powder to make it even tastier. Although it would easy to use foil and just the fish, I always choose to use a thread. That way I am able to see the fish as I cook. And see if it’s done or not.
If you have any questions on this recipe, please drop me a message. I’ll reply as soon as I can.
Watch how to prepare Stuffed Grilled Bangus: