This time, it’s time for you to learn how to cook the ultimate sweet and sour meatballs. On this version, we are going to combine ground pork and ground beef to achieve that tasty and not so oily kind of meatballs. Adding all the spices and the flavor of the sauce, this one will definitely be a hit.
Here’s how to cook Sweet and Sour Meatballs:
500g Ground Pork
500g Ground Beef
1 medium sized Red Onion (finely chopped)
3 cloves Garlic(finely chopped)
Green Onions Stalk (1/4 cup finely chopped)
1.5 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
Sweet and Sour Sauce:
2 Bell Peppers (red and green) (cubed)
1 Carrot (cubed)
1 can Pineapple Chunks
3/4 cup Vinegar
1/2 cup Pineapple Juice
1/2 cup Water
3 cloves Garlic (crushed)
1 White Onion (cubed)
2 tbsp. Tomato Ketchup
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
Cornstarch (diluted in 2 tbsp. Water)
- In a bowl combine the ground pork and the ground beef. Add in the onion, garlic, green onions and bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Mix.
- Then add in the egg. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Form the meat into balls. The size really depends on you. But make it smaller if you want them to cook fast.
- Heat some oil in the pan. Fry the meatballs until brown. Use paper towel to remove excess oil and set them aside.
- In a saucepan, pour in the vinegar, pineapple juice and water. Drop in the crushed garlic and white onions. Then the tomato ketchup and brown sugar. Season with salt and pepper and soy sauce. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers, carrots and pineapple chunks. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the cornstarch diluted in water to thicken the sauce.
- Lastly, put in the cooked meatballs. Simmer for about 3 minutes.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
This is one meatballs recipe that you can learn to start with. Very easy, and you will definitely mail it with your first try. Some are even adding some chili flakes for a spicy version.
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us to our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video how to cook Sweet and Sour Meatballs:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: