Here’s a guilt-free sweet and sour recipe that you’d definitely love. If you are one of those people watching your diet for some health reasons, then you don’t have to deprive yourself from eating delicious food, you can prepare something like Sweet and Sour Tofu. Very easy, very stay and absolutely delicious.
Here’s how to cook Sweet and Sour Tofu:
500g Vegetable Tofu (cut into serving size, small rectangles)
1 large sized Onions (cubed)
2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
1 small sized Carrot (diced)
2 pcs. Bell Peppers (diced)
1 small can Crushed Pineapple (reserve syrup)
1 cup Vinegar
1 tbsp. Ketchup
1 tbsp. Brown Sugar
Slurry (all-purpose flour diluted in water)
1. Roll each piece of vegetable tofu in plain all-purpose flour.
2. Heat some vegetable oil in a pan, fry the tofu until brown on all sides. Set aside.
3. On the same pan, add in the vinegar, pineapple syrup (from crushed pineapple in can). Then add the ketchup. Simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Add the crushed garlic and onions. Then add the carrots and bell peppers. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. Add the crushed pineapples and brown sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Then add the chopped green onions.
6. Lastly, add the slurry and cook for another 3 minutes to thicken the sauce.
7. Place the tofu in the plate and pour some sweet and sour sauce on top. Garnish with green onions.
Ready and Enjoy!
Note from Delish:
I have received emails from people asking me to prepare healthy dishes. So here’s a healthy and absolutely delicious recipe that you won’t regret preparing at home. I’d say this is one of my favorite recipes.
If you have any question about this recipe, you can drop a comment below or send me an email.
Other Healthy Recipes to try:
Watch how to cook Sweet and Sour Tofu here:[wpedon id=”1537″ align=”center”]