Wanted to give your same old steamed crab a different kind of taste? You can give this recipe a try. Sweet Chili Crabs as it is called will give your taste buds that sweet spicy taste which will definitely make you drool. And it’s surely very easy to prepare.
Here’s how to cook Sweet Chili Crabs:
1/2 cup Fresh Chilies (chopped)
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 medium sized Onion (chopped)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
1/2 inch sized Ginger (chopped)
1 tbsp. Vinegar
2 tbsp. Tomato Sauce
1 tsp. Soy Sauce
- Prepare and clean the crabs. Boil water and steam the crabs for about 10 minutes. Let them cool and slice them into halves. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, saute onion, garlic and ginger.
- Add in the fresh chilies and tomato sauce. Give a good mix. Then pour in the vinegar and soy sauce. Let it simmer.
- Add in the brown sugar. Stir until it starts to caramelize.
- Add in the crabs. Mix them in with the sauce.
Sprinkle some chopped green onions before serving.
Note from Delish:
Love crabs? How do you normally cook them? This is one delicious crab recipe you can try. Just steam the crabs, mix some sauce. And it’s done. You can make it more saucy by adding more tomato sauce and a bit of water. But I want the crabs to be coated just enough, so the sauce won’t be so overpowering.
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: