Love sweet chili sauce? Why don’t you make it yourself at home? Sweet chili is a perfect match for fried and grill dishes. Thus, knowing how to make it at home would make everything handy. No need of buying them in bottles. It’s very easy and less hassle to prepare.
Here’s how to make Sweet Chili Sauce at home:
1/4 cup Fresh Chili (Minced) (you can also use dried chili flakes)
1 cup Water
1/3 cup Vinegar
1/3 cup Sugar
4 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 tbsp. Tomato Ketchup
1 tbsp. Cornstarch diluted in 1/3 cup Water
1. In a pot, combine in the water, vinegar and sugar. Let boil.
2. Add in the chili. Boil for about 5 minutes.
3. Then add in the garlic. Let boil for about 2 minutes.
4. Add the tomato sauce.
5. Then add cornstarch diluted in water and season with salt.
6. Cook until you get the consistency and the texture becomes saucy.
Ready and dip!
Note from Delish PH:
I’ve received a request to prepare some homemade dips for fried and grilled dishes. Here’s the first one I’d like to share. Since I live sweet chili sauce, I find it practical if I prepare it myself. Instead of using fresh chili, you can also buy dried chili flakes to use.
If you have any questions, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to make Sweet Chili Sauce here: