Bring your ordinary fried pork chops to the next level. This Sweet Garlic Pork Chops is very easy to prepare and it doesn’t require too much ingredients. The combination of garlic and brown sugar make a perfect glaze for the pork. This is something new and delicious that you can prepare at home.
Here’s how to cook Sweet Garlic Pork Chops:
2 large sized pork chops
1 garlic head, at least 8 cloves of garlic (finely minced)
1 cup brown sugar
1 and 1/2 cups pork/chicken broth
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. calamansi or lemon extract
green onions (chopped to sprinkle)
1. In a bowl, combine all the spices. Garlic powder, chili powder, pepper and salt.
2. Rub the spices on the pork chops.
3. Heat pan with olive oil. Fry the pork until brown. Set aside.
4. On the same pan, pour in the broth.
5. Add in the brown sugar and the garlic.
6. Let simmer for 2 minutes before adding the fried pork chops.
7. Cook on both sides of the pork until the caramelized sauce is formed.
8. Put in the serving plate, pour in some sauce at the top and sprinkle with green onions.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I was looking for a fast and easy pork recipe and I thought that bringing the dull regular fried pork chop to a whole new level is a great idea. All you need are brown sugar and garlic and you’re good to go. It is very tasty and mouthwatering.
If you have any questions about this recipe, don’t hesitate to drop me a message.
Watch how to cook Sweet Garlic Pork Chops: