Do you want to try something new? Here’s Tinolang Manok na may Pakwan, also known as TinoPak. This is definitely not your usual tinolang manok. If you love pakwan, you will definitely love this chicken dish. The sweetness of pakwan, added to your favorite tinola is something new to try.
Here’s how to cook Tinolang Manok na may Pakwan:
1 medium sized Whole Chicken (cut into parts)
1 medium sized Unripe Papaya (cut diagonally)
1 stalk Lemongrass
1/2 medium sized Watermelon (sliced, seeds removed)
1 cup Chili Leaves
1 tbsp. Ginger (cut into strips)
4 cloves Garlic
1 medium sized Red Onion
1. In a container, put in all watermelon slices. Mash until you get all the juices to come out. Or you can use a blender and blend everything. Set aside.
2. In a large pot, sauté onion, garlic and ginger.
3. Add in the chicken and brown on both sides.
4. Pour in the watermelon and add in the lemon grass. Cover and cook about 15 minutes.
5. Add in the unripe papaya slices. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Add the chili leaves. Cover for about 2 minutes.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I saw someone on TV prepare this dish, so I decided to give a try the first time. And I should say, it’s awesomely delicious. I love watermelon and summer is just around the corner. So this is a perfect recipe to try.
If you have any question, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to cook Tinolang Manok na may Pakwan (a.k.a. Tinopak):
[…] Tinolang Manok na may Pakwan (aka TiNoPak) […]