Tortang talong or eggplant omelette is probably one of the cheapest yet delicious dish that everyone loves. What more if you add some ground beef and cheese? This tortang talong with beef giniling will definitely will bring your tortang talong to the next level.
Here’s how to cook Tortang Talong with Beef Giniling:
2 large sized Eggplant
250g ground beef
1 medium sized onion
2 cloves garlic
1 stalk green onions
Jolly Claro Palm Olein (oil)
1. Prepare the eggplant. Rub some oil all over the eggplants, this is to avoid it from sticking on the grill and easy to peel off. Using a fork, put some holes on the eggplants.
2. Grill the eggplants until they become soft. For easy and mess-free grilling, use Masflex grillpan.
3. Set aside the grilled eggplant and let cool.
4. Heat the pan without putting oil. Add in the ground beef. Sear while making sure that they don’t stick together.
5. Add in the garlic and onions. Saute everything for about 3 minutes. Remove the ground beef mixture from heat and set aside.
6. Season the egg with salt and pepper and whisk.
7. Peel off the skin of the grilled eggplants. Using a fork, flatten the eggplant on a plate.
8. Pour some beaten egg and make sure that the eggplant is evenly coated.
9. On a pan, heat a small amount of oil.
20. Put the eggplant with beaten egg from the plate.
21. Scoop a good amount of ground beef mixture and spread them all over the top of the eggplant.
22. Place some strips of cheddar cheese (the amount of cheese is up to you)
23. Pour some amount of beaten eggs over the top, enough to cover the ground beef and the cheese.
24.. Scoop some oil from the pan and pour it over the top. That way it will start to coat the top area.
25. Using a frying spatula, flip the eggplant gently to cook the other side.
26. Use a paper towel to remove excess oil.
27. It works well with ketchup or sweet chili sauce.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
This is one of my favorite dish. Growing up, I am used to the traditional tortang talong recipe. Now it’s time to make some innovations and make it even more delicious. For the cheese, you can use whatever cheese you want and the amount you want to put.
If you have any questions about this dish, just drop a comment below or send me a message.
Watch how to cook Tortang Talong with Beef Giniling here: