Here’s another torta recipe that you can try at home. This is not your ordinary tortang talong. We added some tuna flakes and cheese to make it even tastier. And instead of grilling it with charcoal, we just use the grill pan, easy and even less messy.
Here’s how to cook Tortang Talong with Tuna and Cheese:
2 cups Tuna Flakes in Oil (drained)
1/2 cup Cheese (shredded)
1 medium sized Onion (chopped)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- Prepare the eggplant for grilling. Poke some holes on the eggplant using a knife. Then brush some oil on it. Grill until soft and cooked. Let it cool down and peel off the skin.
- Put two eggs in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Soak the grilled eggplant. Set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in a pan. Add in the tuna flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat a good amount of vegetable oil (or any oil of your choice) in a pan. Put in on eggplant at a time. Then top it with tuna flakes and cheese. Pour in some egg mixture on top to cover the toppings.
- Occasionally splash some oil on top. Flip and fry both side. Use paper towel to remove excess oil.
Serve with some ketchup!
Note from Delish:
You will certainly love this dish. It’s healthy and delicious recipe that you can prepare at home. You can even use hot and spicy tuna flakes to give it some kick.
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe, please drop your comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch how to cook Tortang Talong with Tuna and Cheese:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: