You want some delicious but less expensive version of lasagna? Try this new Tuna Lasagna recipe. So instead of using ground beef, we will use La Mia Tuna Flakes in Oil. We will also try the baked and no-bake version.
Here’s how to cook Tuna Lasagna (Baked and No-Bake):
4 cans La Mia Tuna (Flakes in Oil)
470g Tomato Sauce
1 can Peeled Tomatoes
1 large-sized White Onion (chopped)
2 Bell Peppers (chopped)
1 cup Parsley (chopped)
2 cups Cheese (shredded)
250ml All-purpose Cream
2 cups Milk
1 tbsp. Italian Seasoning
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- Cook the lasagna, follow the instructions indicated on the packaging. Set aside.
- In a pan, sauté white onion and garlic. Add the tuna flakes (oil drained). Then add the bell pepper, tomato sauce and peeled tomatoes.
- Let it simmer and add the parsley. Season with salt pepper and add the Italian seasoning. Let it simmer for another 2 minutes and set aside.
- In a separate pan, pour in the milk, then add the all-purpose cream and 1 cup of cheese. Cook in a low heat until it thickens. Set aside.
- Grease the baking pan, brush with oil or butter. To assemble, spread the tuna mixture first, then place sheets of lasagna on top. Repeat the process by placing tuna mixture>lasagna>white mixture. Cover the top part with shredded cheese. Bake for 45 minutes at 200°C.
- Instead of using a baking pan, use a non-stick pan and arrange the lasagna. Same process as above. Once done, cover the pan and cook the lasagna in a low fire for about 20 minutes.
Serve and Enjoy!
Note from Ren:
The advantage of the baked version is you this crust on top of the lasagna. But when it comes to the taste, both baked and no-bake are pretty much the same.
For more questions and suggestions please comment below or you can also email me or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try: