Check out this new dessert and business recipe idea that you can try at home. This Ube Cheese Turon Malagkit recipe is very easy to prepare and absolutely delicious. We will be using the ube-flavored condensed milk. Once you try this, you will definitely add it to your menu list.
How to Make Ube Cheese Turon Malagkit:
500g Glutinous Rice/ Malagkit
3/4 can Ube Macapuno Condensed Milk
1 big Can Evaporated Milk
Egg white/water (for sealing)
- Wash the glutinous rice, put it in a pot, and pour in the evaporated milk. Cook it as if you are cooking regular rice.
- Once cooked. Put in a bowl, and set aside to let it cool down a bit.
- Then add in the ube macapuno condensed milk. Mix until properly incorporated.
- To wrap. Just place a scoop of glutinous rice mixture, place it on the lumpia wrapper and top it with a cheese strip. Roll and seal. You can use egg white or water to seal.
- Deep fry the turon malagkit until golden brown.
- Use a paper towel to remove excess oil.
Note from Ren:
When using the ube macapuno condensed milk, don’t pour it in all at once. You might want to adjust its sweetness according to your taste.
Watch the video here: