Here’s one popular and delicious ube recipe you can try making at home. Making ube halaya is definitely easy. It can also be a great business opportunity.
Here’s How to Make Ube Halaya:
1 kl Ube
1.5 cups Evaporated Milk
1 cup Condensed Milk
3/4 cup Sugar
Violet Food Color
- Boil ube for 20-30 minutes. Set aside. Let it cool.
- Peel off the skin then grate the ube.
- Put the grated ube in a pan.
- Add the evaporated milk, condensed milk and sugar.
- If you want the color to be more vibrant, you can add a few drops of violet food color.
- Cook (constant stirring) until it starts to dry up.
- When it’s about to dry up, add the butter and continue cooking for another 5-10 minutes.
- Let it cool, you can consume it right away or put it in a jar to store.
Note from Ren:
Depending on the size of the ube, you can cut it into smaller sizes for easy boiling.
Adding food color if optional.
Watch the video: