I know you love this. Yema spread recipe a custard dessert that can be used as frosting and a perfect spread for sandwiches. It is made with condensed and evaporated milk and egg yolks. With this version, we will be adding a tsp of calamansi juice just to add more flavor and it will make a good natural preservative.
Here’s how to make Yema Spread:
1 can Condensed Milk
4 Egg Yolks
3/4 Cup Evaporated Milk
1 tbsp. Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 tsp. Calamansi Juice
Pinch of Salt
- In a bowl, combine in the condensed milk, evaporated milk, egg yolks, brown sugar, vanilla essence and a pinch of salt. Whisk until properly incorporated.
- Heat the cooking pot, set to very low heat.
- Pour in the mixture. It requires constant stirring to avoid curds to form and the mixture to get burnt. (so it requires a lot of patience)
- When it starts to thicken a bit, add in the butter and the calamansi juice. Still do constant stirring until you achieve a soft, runny texture.
- Pour it in the sterilized jar.
Note from Delish:
Since you guys requested for it, here it is. This is such an easy and delicious spread to prepare at home and the kids will surely love it. Shelf life is about a month. But will be longer if kept refrigerated.
If you have any question or suggestion about the recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Others recipe to try:
Watch how to make Yema Spread here:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: