This is not your ordinary seashells soup. It’s healthy, yummy and very easy to prepare. Adding turmeric powder makes it healthier. The combination of nylon shells and mussels (called green shells locally), coconut milk and lemon grass makes this dish delicious and something that you will crave.
Here’s how to cook this Yummy Seashells Soup:
500g nylon shells
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
1 stalk lemon grass
1 larged sized white onion
6 cloves garlic
2 medium sized tomatoes
1 tbsp all purpose flour
1 medium sized potato
1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp parsley
1 tsp chili flakes
1. In a large pot prepare about 3 cups of water.
2. Drop in white onions, garlic and lemon grass.
3. Drop in the seashells. Let boil for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Separate the broth from the shells.
4. On a pan, heat the butter. Add in the white onions, garlic and tomatoes.
5. Pour in the all purpose flour, mix them well.
6. Pour in the seashells broth.
7. Add in the diced potatoes. Simmer for about 3 minutes.
8. Pour in the coconut milk. Then ginger and turmeric powder.
9. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Without covering the pan, let it simmer for 5 minutes.
11. Add in the parsley and chili flakes.
12. Add in the cooked seashells.
13. Cover and simmer for another 3 minutes.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I received a message and a request to prepare a good seashell dish. This is what I came up. It’s not the usual seashell soup that you’ve tasted. I even added turmeric powder to make it a healthy one. You can use any seashell that you want, but for this one I just used the common ones, nylon shells and mussels or what we normally call green shells or tahong.
If you have questions about this dish, send me a message or drop a comment below. I’d be happy to answer them.
Watch how to cook Yummy Seashells Soup here: